Drinking plenty of water every day couldn’t be more vital for your overall health since water helps to improve blood circulation, digestion, excretion and absorption.
However, when it comes to good skin health, water is absolutely essential. Experts say that drinking water can give you the healthy, radiant and young-looking complexion you’ve been dreaming of.
This is because the skin is the body’s largest organs. Organs are all made up from cells which are, in turn, composed of water. With too little water, organs are unable to properly function. This holds equally true for the skin.
When the skin doesn’t get enough water, the skin becomes flaky, tight and dry. When the skin is dry, it becomes less resilient and more likely to wrinkle.
Since we lose large amounts of water from our skin every day, it must be replaced regularly. When you drink water, it reaches the other organs first before arriving at the skin. Therefore, water must be applied directly to the skin and kept there to ensure that wrinkles are prevented, and skin looks its best.
How To Apply More Water To Your Skin
One of the best ways to add more water to your skin is to apply a moisturizer with hydrating properties to the skin within a couple of minutes of getting out of the shower or bath. At this time, the skin is most porous and is better able to absorb products which are applied.
When you apply a nourishing cream to the body straight away, more product will be absorbed into the skin and greater benefits will be experienced.
Before applying moisturizer to the skin, it’s also important to apply a product which contains hyaluronic acid. This is because hyaluronic acid can hold as much as a thousand times its own weight in water and this means it can attract more water to the skin and hold it there, offering a host of nourishing benefits.
Drink Water Too
Not only should you apply water directly to your skin, you should also try to drink plenty of water every day too. Drink a minimum of eight glasses daily to eradicate the maximum amount of toxins from the skin and body. This will help to give your skin a radiant glow and help to reduce acne.
How Does Water Help The Skin
There are several ways in which staying well hydrated can help to keep your skin looking its best every day. These include:
- Less wrinkles – staying well hydrated means that you’ll see fewer fine lines and wrinkles on your skin. Water assists the skin in maintaining moisture and this, in turn, boosts the skin’s elasticity. If skin is more elastic, less wrinkles are visible so you’ll look younger.
- A better complexion – if you drink sufficient water, you can reduce skin problems like eczema and psoriasis. Water can achieve this by helping to flush the toxins out of the body through the digestive system. As an added advantage, blood flow receives a boost from drinking more water, and this too helps to make your complexion and skin tone more even and attractive.
- Less puffiness – skin can swell because of water retention. Drinking more water can relieve this problem. We retain water because of dehydration – the body tries to protect itself by saving water in the tissues. You can therefore smooth your skin and reduce swelling and puffiness by consuming more water to minimize dehydration.
- Speedier healing – if you are experiencing skin problems like sunburn, staying well hydrated can help you to heal more rapidly. This will reduce the pain you experience and help you to return your skin to normal more quickly.
- Clearing acne – around half of the adult population aged between 20 and 40 suffer from acne. This common skin problem can be relieved if you drink more water. Also, water flushes toxins out of the skin while shrinking the pores. This makes clogging less likely and minimizes the chance of breakouts.
- Slowing the signs of aging – not only does water help to minimize wrinkles, it also helps to keep the skin looking plump. This, in turn, slows down the process of aging. The plumper the skin, the less signs of aging can be noticed, so any existing wrinkles are minimized.
- Minimizing pores – pores can become enlarged and blocked during the day. If you drink more water, there will be a better balance of water and oil on the skin’s surface. This helps in reducing pore size, decreasing acne breakouts and reducing blemishes.
- Less itching – if you suffer from dry skin, you’ll find that it begins to itch, flake and crack. By drinking more water and staying well hydrated, you’re less likely to suffer from itching and cracked skin.
- Tighter skin – if your skin is sagging due to aging or weight loss, drinking more water can help to tighten up the skin around the stomach, legs, arms and jawline, since it improves the skin’s elasticity and makes it bounce quickly back from sagging.
- Better pH balance – when you suffer from problem skin, it’s important to keep the pH balance of the skin at a healthy level if you want to enjoy having blemish-free, glowing skin. If you drink plenty of water, your pH levels will be better balanced and your skin will look healthier.
As you can see, there are lots of reasons why you should try to stay hydrated every day if you want to look and feel your best.
By applying water directly to the skin and by also ensuring to drink lots of water on a daily basis, you can help to keep your complexion looking young and glowing.
You can also minimize the tell-tale signs of aging likes puffiness and wrinkling and make your skin appear tighter even if it is sagging.
With all of this in mind, it’s time to start drinking a lot more water and boosting your daily hydration so you can have the healthiest, most blemish-free and young-looking skin possible.